Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases of Golden Ticket Giveaway Tickets and all Entries submitted to any Competition on the Promoter’s Website.
TERMSWhen joining Golden Ticket Giveaway, Entrants will be required to tick on the Website and/or App that they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
- All Competitions are operated by the Promoter, and the Promoter is the official sponsor of each Competition unless specified otherwise. Where the product is sourced from a Golden Ticket Giveaway Partner, the Promoter is authorised by that Golden Ticket Giveaway Partner to offer their respective Product(s) as Prizes in the Competitions.
How to enter
- By submitting an Entry or a Postal Entry, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not so agree to be bound, do not purchase Golden Ticket Giveaway Tickets, and do not submit an Entry or Postal Entry.
- To validly purchase Golden Ticket Giveaway Tickets and validly enter a Competition, a Visitor must become a Registered User by completing all details on the Membership Form on the Website, or signing in, and must then either:
- Buying tickets of the competition pay by card;
- submit a Competition entry via the Postal Entry option. A single Competition entry made by Postal Entry must be received before the Closing Date of the particular Competition or the point that the Competition sells out – whichever comes first – to be entered into that Competition. (see terms 6 and 7 for more details on Postal Entry).
- Postal Entries must be sent by first class stamp, and must be received by the Promoter at Golden Ticket Giveaway Ltd, before the Closing Date of the relevant Competition or the point that the Competition sells out – whichever comes first – in order to be entered into the Competition. If a Postal Entry is received within 48 (forty-eight) hours of the earlier of the Closing Date of the relevant Competition or the point that the Competition sells out, then an equivalent number of tickets for that Postal Entry will be added to that Registered User’s Golden Ticket Giveaway Wallet. Postal Entries are limited to one Entry to each Competition per postcard. Postal Entries must be sent on an unenclosed postcard. Attempted Postal Entries received on anything other than a postcard will not be accepted. The Entrant must specify which competition they wish to enter. In the case of multiple entries received on a single postcard, only one entry will be entered into the relevant Competition. If the Entrant’s Account cannot be identified from the details provided on the Postal Entry, then the Competition-specific single entry will not be processed. Postal Entries without correct and sufficient postage paid will be invalid and will not be considered. Personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted.
- The Promoter will store and process the Entrant’s personal information. The personal information must include details of at least one form of contact and will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify any Winner or Runner(s) Up that they have won a Prize in a Competition;
- to administer the Website and App, and conduct the Competitions; and
- after a Draw, to post the Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up’s first name, town/county of residence and profile image or other provided photo on the Website and/or App, and in media communications about the Competitions.
- All Entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoter with accurate and current contact details.
- The Promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- responsibility for Postal Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged, or delayed in receipt at the specified address (see term 7) by more than 48 (forty-eight) hours after the earlier of the Closing Date of the relevant Competition or the point that the Competition sells out, and this holds regardless of the cause including, for example, failure of postal service, natural disasters, and water corruption; or
- any other purported proof of entry to the Competition other than as recorded by the systems of the Website or App, or by the Promoter upon receipt of a Postal Entry.
- An Entry, and/or a Postal Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in:
- any form of fraud, whether actual or apparent;
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website or App; or
- amending, or unauthorised use of, any code that constitutes the Website or App.
- Each individual Entrant may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified in total for any one particular Competition, through any combination of Entry/Entries and Postal Entry/Postal Entries.
- The Entry Fee must be paid for each Entry, and a separate validly completed Postal Entry must be made for each individual entry. For example, in order to enter 20 (twenty) times to a particular Competition, the Entrant must either (i) pay the Entry Fee 20 (twenty) times, (ii) send in 20 (twenty) separate Postal Entries, or (iii) do some combination of (i) and (ii).
- Only valid Entries and Postal Entries will be entitled to participate in a Competition and be eligible to win a Prize in a Competition.
- All funds deposited in the Golden Ticket Giveaway Wallet, and all Entries and Postal Entries to any one Competition are final and do not represent a withdrawable balance. Refunds shall not be given at any time apart from under the circumstances described in terms 27 and 38.
- For further help with Entries and Postal Entries, please contact us by using the question mark (?) icon on the Website or App.
- Competitions are open for entry only to private individuals (i.e., not companies or businesses) aged 18 (eighteen) or over and residing in Great Britain, excluding the Promoter and their employees.
- Only Registered Users are eligible to enter any Competition.
- In entering a Competition, all Entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize awarded in the relevant Competition. The Promoter may require any Entrant, including any Winner and/or Runner(s) Up to provide evidence that they are and were eligible to enter a particular Competition.
- The Promoter will not accept and will not refund Entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties;
- paid for using a debit/credit card belonging to someone other than the Entrant;
- altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
- The Promoter will not accept and will not refund Postal Entries that are:
- completed by third parties;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- incorrectly sent by post;
- delayed in receipt at the Promoter’s specified address (see term 7) by more than 48 (forty-eight) hours after the earlier of the Closing Date of the relevant Competition or the point that the Competition sells out, or are not received at the Promoter’s specified address (see term 7) through whatever reason other than the Promoter’s actions.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify Entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition entered.
- Entries and Postal Entries on behalf of another private individual will not be accepted, and joint submissions are not allowed.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information that they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (entirely at the Promoter’s discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to close or suspend a Registered User’s Account (and prevent the individual who created the Account from participating in any future competitions under a different e-mail) at any time and for any reason. Without limiting the preceding sentence, the Promoter shall be entitled to close or suspend a Registered User’s account if:
- the Promoter considers that the Registered User is entering Competitions in an excessive manner;
- the Registered User has become bankrupt;
- the Promoter considers that the Registered User has used the Website or the App in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;
- the Promoter considers that the Registered User has used the Website or the App in an unfair manner, has deliberately cheated or taken unfair advantage of the Promoter or any of its other Registered Users or if the Registered User’s Account is being used for the benefit of a third party;
- the Promoter is requested to do so by the police, any regulatory authority or court;
- the Promoter considers that any of the events referred to in ‘a.’ to ‘d.’ may have occurred or are likely to occur; or
- the Registered User’s Account is deemed to be dormant.
- If the Promoter closes or suspends the Registered User’s Account for any of the reasons referred to in ‘a.’ to ‘f.’ above, the Registered User shall be liable for any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred or suffered by the Promoter arising therefrom and shall indemnify and hold the Promoter harmless on demand for the same. In the circumstances referred to in ‘a.’, ‘b.’, ‘d.’, ‘f.’ (excluding ‘c.’) and ‘g’ above, the Promoter will refund any funds in the Registered User’s Golden Ticket Giveaway Wallet to the Registered User. In the same circumstances in the preceding sentence, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entries that have already been entered into a Competition for which the Draw has not yet taken place.
Prizes and the Draw
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up for each Competition will be determined and awarded the relevant Competition Prize(s) so specified on the Website and on the App in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Draw to determine the Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up will be made on the Draw Date.
- Unless otherwise specified in the description under a Competition, the Promoter will never extend the Closing Date for any Competition.
- Unless otherwise specified in the description under a Competition, there is no Reserve Level and the Prize will always be given away on the Closing Date.
- On a Competition’s Draw Date:
- there will be a Draw to determine the Winner, and the Prize shall be awarded to the Winner;
- where the Competition provides for one or more Runner Up Prize(s), there will be a Draw or Draws to determine the Runner(s) up, who shall be awarded the associated Runner Up Prize(s).
- If any Winner or Runner(s) Up cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 (twenty-one) days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail and/or telephone outlined in the contact details submitted in their Entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award their Prize to the Entrant next Drawn, with the effect that the first Runner Up (as applicable) would become the Winner, the second Runner Up (as applicable) would become the first Runner Up, and so on. At the Draw, there shall be such number of additional/reserve entries drawn but not actioned or disclosed until required to permit the operation of this alternate Winner / Runner Up arrangement. Any alternate Winner or Runner Up shall likewise comply with the above 21 (twenty-one) day contact requirement.
- The Promoter shall take all reasonable steps to ensure and preserve the random nature of the Draw but shall not be required to comply with any particular regulatory or other standards in this respect. The Draw has historically been operated with the use of a True Random Number Generator provided by Random.org and through a random ticket selection, however the Promoter may operate the Draw in any reasonable way and may change the Draw process at any time. The result(s) of the Draw are final and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence in relation to the same.
- In exceptional cases, such as where the Promoter is to award a particularly high-value Prize or suspects that these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to, the Winner, and where applicable, any Runner(s) Up may be required to forward personal identification to the Promoter to prove their identity, that their Entry or Postal Entry was made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and that there is no lawful impediment (pursuant to any applicable UK or international law) to the Winner or any Runner(s) Up being awarded any Prize in the relevant Competition. In the event that the Promoter reasonably believes that there may be a lawful impediment to awarding a Prize to a Winner or any Runner(s) Up, the Promoter may suspend making such award until the legal issue is resolved or if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter such issue cannot be resolved, to award that Prize in a like manner as set out in term 33.
- In cases where the Prize is an experience, which should be taken to include, for example, domestic and international holidays, day-trips and one-off events or occasions, the Winner of the Prize or any Runner(s) Up will be contacted by either the Promoter or a Golden Ticket Giveaway Partner to arrange delivery of the experience. If the Winner or Runner Up fails to confirm necessary details (e.g. the people who will be attending the experience, the desired date of the experience, etc.) within 14 days from the point of being contacted, then it is acknowledged that, on occasion, certain elements of the Prize may not be available, in which case the Promoter and the Winner/Runner Up will arrange a mutually agreeable substitute experience up to the same value as the original Prize.
- The Promoter does not in any way guarantee or give any warranties as to the value of the Prize, its condition, history or any other matters associated with the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove a Competition from the Website or App at any time, and in the rare event that this occurs, will refund all the Entries and Postal Entries to that Competition to the Registered User’s Golden Ticket Giveaway Wallet.
Announcement of Winners and any Runner(s) Up
- The Promoter has the right to announce and publish any of the information outlined in term 8(c) pertaining to any Competition’s Winner and Runner(s) Up on the Website and App and via email marketing campaigns, as well as on the Promoter’s associated social media pages/sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Any Winner and Runner(s) Up shall cooperate with and participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests. In the case of failure of the Winner or Runner Up to participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests, such as obtaining a picture of the Winner or Runner Up with their Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to retake possession and ownership of the Prize, or recover the full cost of the prize.
Limitation of Liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any Entrant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of submitting an Entry or Postal Entry, or in relation to the use and enjoyment of a Prize by the Winner or Runner(s) Up gained through any Competition, except where death or personal injury is caused by the negligence or fraud of the Promoter, or that of their agents, distributors, or employees. The Winner’s statutory rights are not affected.
- The liability of the Promoter to each Entrant is limited to the aggregate value of the Entry Fees paid by that Entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within the description of any Prize awarded as part of any of the Competitions on the Website or App, or the Prize Value, or any other description or specification or any other part of the Website or App. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner and any Runner(s) Up) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website or App.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by human error or technical faults within the Promoter’s technological infrastructure.
- The Promoter shall not be a trustee of any Entry Fees received, unless it is subject to a specific contractual agreement with a Golden Ticket Giveaway Partner or Charity to act as such.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend or cancel any Competition at any time, either before or after Entries and/or Postal Entries have been received. If a Competition is cancelled due to the Promoter’s actions and specifically not those of the Golden Ticket Giveaway Partner or any other entity associated to the Competition, the Promoter will return the Entry Fees paid by each Entrant to their Golden Ticket Giveaway Wallet, and return the relevant Entry Fee for each Postal Entry made by each Entrant to their Golden Ticket Giveaway Wallet. Where all the Entry Fees have been returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- Without prejudice to the operation of term 47, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel any Competition in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the Promoter, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of the Promoter, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or the Promoter takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the Website and App. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any Entries or Postal Entries received prior to the time of such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoter.
- All Competitions that the Promoter promotes, their administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and all parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.